Skip to content
- The “Antwerp Judo Tour” consists of following tournaments:
- Ippon Trophy 4 Kids (in short ITA4KIDS) what takes place in “Sporthal de Rode Loop – Merksem“
- The “Ippon-Trophy-Antwerp U15” (ITA U15) what takes place in «Sporthal Arena Deurne »
- The “Ippon-Trophy-Antwerp U18” (ITA U18) what takes place in «Sporthal Arena Deurne »
- These “Antwerp Judo Tour 2019-2020” tournaments will be held on
- ITA4KIDS: Sunday, December 1st, 2019
- ITA U15/U18: Saturday 16th (U18) and Sunday 17th (U15) of May 2020
- ITA U15 and ITA U18 are official VJF ranking tournaments.
- Games will take place according the rules of the Flemish Judo Federation (VJF). Each participants must be holder of a valid licence of the VJF or any other federation recognized by the EJU and IJF, this together with a valid id card forseen with a picture. Participants above the age of 40 need also a certificate of health not older than 6 months.
- All entry’s are done via the website of the VJF
- After the entry’s deadline, no subscriptions will be allowed.
- The entry fee is:
- ITA4KIDS: 2 EURO for each judoka
- 12 euro for each judoka. When payed at the entrance the fee is 20 euro.
C. Weigh in
- Weighing will take place in a dressing room in the sports hall.
- Weighing will take place according the VJF rules.
- The weight in times are listed in the details of the torunament.
- If there is a possibility for an official weight in in advance, this will be mentioned also at the tournament details.
- After closure of the weigh in, no-one of the respective category can enter the competition anymore. In such case, there will be no refund of the entrance fee.
- The start of the games will be listed on de tournament details.
- Depending on the number of contestants, fights will be held simultaneously on 3 or 4 tatami’s.
- To guarantee several games for each judoka, a poolsystem will be used. The judoka’s in the same categories will be divided in pools of 3, 4 or 5 judoka’s.
- The first two judoka’s of each pool will be placed later on in a table.
- The games will take place according the rules of the VJF. This means that every judoka in the pool has to camp against all other judoka’s in the same pool. After that a list of rankings is made according following rules:
- The judoka with the most victories is the winner
- In case of equal victories, the technical points will determine the place (ippon = 10, waza-ari = 5pt. hantei = 1pt. (hantei only for U11 and U13))
- In case of 2 equals as wel for victories as for points, the judoka who won the fight of these two is the winner
- In case of 3 equals as wel for victories as for points, the judoka with the lowest weigth according the official weigh in, is the winner
- After the pool’s a tabel is made according following rules:
- 2 participants : Best of three
- 3-5 participants : round robin
- 6-10 participants : 2 groups of 3, 4 or 5. The 2 best continue in a crossed semi final, no repechage, losers of the semi finals receive brons
- 11 participants : 3 groups of 3, 4 and 4. The 2 best continue in a table as shown below:
A table according single repechage. There are 2 third places.
- 12-20 participants : 4 groups of 3, 4 or 5. The 2 best of each group continue in a table of 8 with single repechage. There are 2 third places.
- 21-23 participants : 6 groups of 3 or 4 participants. The 2 best of each group continue in a table of 12 with single repechage. There are 2 third places.
- 24-40 participants : 8 groups of 3, 4 or 5. The 2 best of each group continue in a table of 16 with single repechage. There are 2 third places.
- 41- 47 participants : 12 groups of 3 or 4. The 2 best of each group continue in a table of 24 with single repechage. There are 2 third places.
- 48-80 participants : 16 groups of 3, 4 or 5. The 2 best of each group continue in a table of 32 with single repechage. There are 2 third places.
- Coaches will receive poolsheets and tables for their judoka’s in the coach area
- Duration of a game:
- U11 and U13: 2 minutes
- U15 : 3 minutes + Golden Score
- U18 : 4 minutes + Golden Score
- The ceremony will take place at the end of each age group. There are medals for each first, second and the two third places.
- At the start of the fights, the categories will be displayed on each tatami. The names of the judoka’s who have to compete, are shown next to the tatami.
- Only coaches with a valid coachcard are admitted next to the tatami.
- Each participating team is granted a number of coach cards : 1 – 5 participants = 1 coach card, 6 – 10 participants = 2 coach cards, 11 and more participants = 3 coach cards.
- The coaches should behave according to the code of conduct from the VJF. In summary,this means that only 1 coach is allowed at the tatami. The coach have to sit on the provided chair and coaching is limited to tactical advise and encouragements.The coach is not allowed to influence the referee.
F. Ippon premies and trophy
- The club that scores the most ippons during the “Antwerp Judo Tour”, that starts on September 1st and ends on June 30, wins the ‘Ippon Trophy’: a 1.000 euro (one thousand euro) reward.
- To collect this reward, the club must be present during the award ceremony. The award ceremony is planned on the last tournament day of “Antwerp Judo Tour”, Sunday, 17th of May 2020.
- After every tournament of the “Antwerp Judo Tour”, a ranking will be made. On the last tournament day, the final classification will be made.
- A club is the instance (club, association, foreign delegation, …) that enrolls the judoka and pays the enrollment fee, with exception of a provincial, a regional, a national or an international selection. A club or association has to be officially recognized by the regional or national federation.
- In case of an equal number of ippons, the trophy goes to the club with the least number of participants.
- In case the number of participants is also equal, the money price is split into equal parts.
- To strive for as much ippons as possible, the club will receive 2 euros for each ippon scored by one of his judoka’s of U15 and U18. For U11 and U13 only the points count (no 2 Euros per ippon). The team who wins the ‘Ippon Trophy’, worth 1000 Euros, cannot claim the extra ippon rewards.
- This amount will be transferred within 2 weeks after the tournament onto the given bank account.
- The reward counts only for valid ippons at U15 and U18, ippons scored as foreseen in the official VJF contest rules:
- Waza-ari-awasete-ippon counts (again) as ippon
- Winning by a hansoku-make of the counter part is not a valid ippon
- Winning due medical problems of the counter part (kiken-gashi) is not a valid ippon
- Winning by fail to turn up by the counter part (fusen-gachi) is not a valid ippon